Who we are
Fabiano Deffenti is admitted to practise in the state of New York (as attorney-at-law), Australia (as a legal practitioner in the states of Queensland and the Australian Capital Territory), New Zealand (as a barrister and solicitor) and in Brazil (as a lawyer). Prior to joining DEQ, Fabiano worked for two of the largest law firms in Australia and was a name partner in one of the largest law firms in the southern region of Brazil, heading their office in São Paulo for many years. He has extensive experience in advising foreign clients on business in cross-border transactions, especially those involving Brazil. Fabiano acts for multinational clients in the formation of joint ventures and the establishment of new operations in different countries, as well in international litigation and arbitrations. He holds Australian, Italian and Brazilian citizenships.
Admissions and Professional memberships
- Brazilian Bar Association – São Paulo (OAB/SP)
- Attorney-at-law in the State of New York
- Legal practitioner in Queensland, the Australian Capital Territory and the High Court of Australia
- Barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBar)
- Chambers and Partners: Latin America 2012 – Ranked as “band 1” in dispute resolution in South Brazil, being praised “by the high tier service and excellent knowledge of foreign legal systems, including the systems in Australia and in the United Kingdom.”
- Legal 500: Latin America 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 – Recommended in the area of Corporate Law/M&A and Dispute Resolution, receiving praise for his “international experience”.